Weird
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Essay

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Essay - Page 3 Empty Re: Essay

Post  CottonCandy Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:51 am

You get green in your sunsets?! I am so jealous! Green in a sunset... Wow! That's sounds so pretty! We just have purple, pink and blue.
CottonCandy
CottonCandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:55 am

Purple? ooh. Well, when the sunsets we get red, orange, yellow, green, i think.

Lol.

Shining Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Oh... orange. Right! We have that too!
CottonCandy
CottonCandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:28 am

i love sunsets!!! they're so pretty. i've always wanted to go to alaska to see those nothern lights, i think they're called. i've only seen them in movies. my dad went to alaska once and said they were amazing....
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  weirdiswhatilike Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:03 pm

Man! Training to become a bard was hard! And it hurt a lot. Right now Diony and I have been fencing and learning other battling tactics like using your fists and magic.

"Aim a little higher next time." Diony commanded while blocking my low blow to the side of him.

I calmed myself and reached within myself feeling for my power. Diony saw an opportunity and went in. I was suddenly able to see without my eyes but with my inward eye I could see him coming at me. I held up my shield and readied myself. It was then that I felt a surge of energy leap inside of me. I snatched up that energy and let it loose. I still couldn't see with my own eyes but I could see with my inner eye that a large crack formed in front of me and was headed towards Diony. It formed a crevice and looked dangerous. I yelped out a warning and saw Diony look up in time to dodge the crack and his fatal fall. I finally forced my eyes to open and ran to him.

"Diony!" I yelled reaching him and helping him up.

He had grimly set his mouth and stood rigid. "Looks like I'll have to step up the skill level." He suddenly began to laugh a little and patted me on the arm.

"But...but..." I stuttered not knowing what to say.

"Lets take a break," he suggested sweetly.

I nodded glumly but followed him to the tree and was soon sitting on a light blanket with food set up around the two of us. "You know I'm not going to be able to teach you once you reach your level of power that I don't have." Diony remarked thoughtfully.

"Then who would teach me?" I asked worriedly.

"Oh don't worry about it, I know this great teacher who would be able to somewhat match your power but not exactly," he tried to reassure me.

I let this sink in, "So who is this teacher? Is he a great bard of old or something?"

"I guess you could say that," he said, "He is in fact from your world too. He was taken by force since the shadow and the Atox saw how powerful he was."

I nodded at this new knowledge and ate my lunch. I couldn't imagine leaving Diony but I need to learn the extent of my powers.
weirdiswhatilike
weirdiswhatilike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:52 am

it's getting good!!!! thanks for writing more Very Happy
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:27 am

Wow! I like it! *chanting* Write more! Write more! Write more!
CottonCandy
CottonCandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:59 am

yeah..it's great!

Shining Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:42 am

Psh. Weird, you really need to get on.
CottonCandy
CottonCandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:42 am

yes she does!
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:18 am

And I was enjoying that story!
CottonCandy
CottonCandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:05 am

true, true, it was good.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  CottonCandy Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:22 am

lol. She said she'd add on, I think. Well... She sort of turned it into an RP...
CottonCandy
CottonCandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:38 am

hmm.. uh.. im bored.

Shining Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleston Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:48 am

cow alpaca chiken boo
Cleston
Cleston

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 am

hippo, platipus, eagle, MOO!
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleston Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:52 am

duck beaver platipus bark Very Happy Smile
Cleston
Cleston

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:48 am

monkey, elephant, kangaroo BOING!
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  weirdiswhatilike Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:57 am

I couldn't figure out the next part. And then it popped in my head!!! Sorry for the wait...this is 3 years into the future.
---*---

"Halt, who trespasses on my land!" demanded a fair skinned girl with long thick curly black hair. A young boy of 15 stepped out from behind a bush. He was all raggedy and scraped up. "Who are you?" I barked. The Boy winced at my voice.

"I am Taji, I hail from the Castle of Reldy." he answered.

I narrowed my eyes and studied him, his aura was a light yellow. He was an ally. He was pale and bleeding in random places around his body, I circled him and noticed his back it had been flogged. It bled the worst. I immediately grabbed his arm and led him to my little tree home. I laid him face down on a pallet and readied a clean bowl of water. I went into myself and formed my energy to heal. I hummed softly and wetted my hands in the water I placed them onto his back he shuttered under my touch. I began singing filling the small room with odd words and melodies. When i had finished he had fallen asleep. I sighed and stepped out it was already dark out and the stars shone brightly illuminating the rock in the center of the valley. It had been two years since Diony had died I had almost finished my training, now I was a well skilled bard, many people came for my aid in many ways. Either through healing or protection, this boy looked like he needed both. I miss you Diony. It gets hard but I must keep going no matter what. I sighed again and climbed my tree. I would sleep up there tonight.
weirdiswhatilike
weirdiswhatilike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:19 am

...Zebu, platypus, penguin, squawk.

Nice story, weird. For me, this update was nice because I have an interest in the.. ahh.. paranormal. And the amount of Fire Emblem I've been playing caused the "odd words and melodies" to remind me of Galdar. Very Happy Very Happy

Shining Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post  weirdiswhatilike Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am

"So you are the legendary Jewel of the Moon," Taji confirmed mostly talking to himself while weeding my small vegetable garden. "You, know thew kingdom is after you for recruitment."

I glanced up over at the young man and giggled quietly. "Are they not after you also?"

He blushed and turned to continue his work silently when he suddenly stood up straight and faced me. "You killed 3 whole legions! The power you possess is by far the greatest in all of Reldy probably the whole universe! But here yuo are weeding a small garden patch with a helpless boy who is a fugitive of the army." he stated staring at me with wide eyes.

"I kill out of defense and justice," I replied solemnly and looked up at him he was still standing gawking at me. "It is not nice to stare you know," I pointed out bluntly returning to my handiwork.

He blushed again this time a deeper red. "I'm sorry, but it just seems like a lie."

I sighed straightening up my back and wiping my filthy hands on the worn down apron that covered my clothing. "Many things seem like a lie and there are things that are wished to be so."

He looked at me quizzically but also wiped his hands, "What does that mean?"

"You will eventually figure that out." I said softly then I lifted up the bushels of weeds and towed them to the end of the garden. " I will go through the weeds to see if any of them I can use in my herbals and medicines." He also followed my actions and plopped the pile of weeds on top of the others.
---*---
Here are some links to pics of the characters.
https://2img.net/h/i166.photobucket.com/albums/u84/SoulReaper13/ANIME.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/SilentLilAngel/AnimeBoy4.jpg
weirdiswhatilike
weirdiswhatilike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Cool.

Keep updating, i like it! Very Happy

Shining Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post  weirdiswhatilike Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:45 am

Okay heres another update.
---*---
"Um, I still don't know what to call you..." Taji informed.

I looked up a little surprised but smiled, "You can call me Jewel."

He nodded and slipped out the door to go cut wood. I was busily concocting medicines from the weeds we had pulled the other day. The days had passed leisurely and slow. But that wasn't to last long, "Jewel! Come quick the army has arrived."

I knew it would come down to do this soon. I snatched up my two axes and my small daggers strapping them to my inner thigh and fastening my axes to my back. I had stripped off the dress and apron down to my tight leggings and strapless tank. I looked like one of those chics out of a fantasy video game. I laced up my sandals and ripped out of the house with speed of a crazed lunatic. I glanced over at Taji who had also stripped down to pants and one axe held at ready with his swords at either of his sides. We nodded to each other and raced to our places we had established in case of an emergency. The army had no consideration for the valley and all that it held they seemed to bull doze over every little thing. About 300 men armed and a third on horseback trampled into my humble abode. The scum bags that they are. I positioned myself careful not to make a sound. 1..2..3, I leaped into the army making a dent in the middle swinging my axes freely making sure not to hit anyone just yet. Those close to my treacherous axes stepped back crowding around me like a caged animal. The commander wedged his way into the center to me with a look of discomfort and annoyance. I grimaced slightly slowing down the axes movements then stopping all together.

"What business do you have here?" questioned spitting ferociously.

"No need to be as a savage, Jewel of the Moon, we come in search for a certain officer who ran off because of the justice due him. Have you come across such a man?" the commander asked sweetly.

Disgusted and also annoyed i replied with more malice, "Now why would I see a fugitive of the Reldy Army here of all places. He must have been a stupid wench to come sniveling into my valley seeking refuge from the likes of you! What nerve YOU have coming in here also. Are you wallowing for a death wish along with your lap dogs? Get the HELL out of my valley or I will grant that wish with more pleasure than you can imagine!"

He looked like stuck pig, his face scrunched up like a suffering animal. "I am utterly sorry for disturbing you, I will leave immediately and with my army, thank you for your kindness in considering our fate." he bowed his head at me then turned to his men barking orders like a frantic criminal, "Get your slouching insulant asses out of here now! We ride through the night and I better not here complaint!"

"Thank you kind commander and I'll give you some of my medicine in your leave," I added sweetly smiling like a fool. I stowed three bottles of the medicine I had made into his knapsack and saluted him with a smile.

And he did the same with a goofy grin riding out of the valley not daring to look back. I sighed in relief and slumped against a stump that was near me. Taji rushed out of his hiding place and looked over me to see if I had any injuries the poor boy. Satisfied he guided me into the hut and sat me down in one of my oak chairs at the small oak table. He also slumped down across from me passing me a mug of brandy. I smiled slightly as a thank you and drank the whole drought in one go. It burned my throat as it went down and warmed me from the inside out. I felt content and exhausted. We both fell onto our animal skins and napped.
weirdiswhatilike
weirdiswhatilike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shining Darkness Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:05 pm

I like it...
If you don't mind me asking, do you type it out in microsoft word (or some other similar program) first and copy/paste here, or just type it out?

Shining Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post  weirdiswhatilike Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:05 pm

just type it out.
weirdiswhatilike
weirdiswhatilike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content